- Types, purpose and operation of the cookies used on the site
- How to disable cookies in the most commonly used browsers
- What happens if cookies are disabled
- Changes in the cookies policy
Cookies are associated with an anonymous user and his or her computer and do not collect personal data. The user can configure his or her browser to not allow the installation of cookies used by the websites of BSM BIKES without impeding access to services. However, not allowing the installation of cookies may reduce the speed and quality of the performance of the website and even prevent some of the services from being used.
Classification of cookies based on lifespan:
- “Session Cookies” or “Persistent Cookies”: the former are deleted after closing the browser, while the latter remain on the computer.
- “First party cookies” or “Third party cookies”: depending on whether they are set by a server of the same web domain or another domain.
Classification of cookies based on purpose:
- User input cookies or session cookies: Used for sign-ins, shopping carts, etc.
- Authentication cookies: Used to identify the user once they log-in to the system.
- User-centric security cookies: Cookies aimed at increasing the security of a service requested by the user, such as controlling security when attempting to repeatedly access a registration system.
- Multimedia player session cookies (Flash Cookies): Used to store technical data necessary to play video or audio (such as image quality or network speed).
- Load balancing session cookies: These cookies will only store information about connection points (technical cookie).
- UI customization cookies: Usually used to personalise the appearance of the website (language, etc).
- Social plug-in content sharing cookies: Social networks usually contain “plug-in modules” that website owners can integrate into their platform so that social network users can share content with their contacts. These plug-ins typically involve installing cookies on users’ computers.
- Third party advertising: Cookies used for third party advertising networks.
- Analytics cookies: Generate statistics regarding the flow of visitors, browsing patterns, etc.
- Types, purpose and operation of the cookies used on the website
Cookies currently used on the website are:
|Name of cookie||1st or 3rd Party||Purpose||Lifespan||Involves access to personal data||Type of cookie|
|AccessPointSession||1st Party||Session cookie which assigns a unique user ID. Used for access to private areas||Expires at end of session||Yes||Session|
|qlikmachineid||1st Party||Session cookie which assigns a unique user ID to the computer accessing it. Used for access to private areas||1 year||Yes||Session|
|_ga||3rd Party||Used to distinguish between users.||Session Duration||No||Analytics|
|wordpress_test_cookie||1st Party||This cookie is installed during the login process to check that the browser is properly configured to allow the necessary cookies for the proper functioning of the website.||One Year||No||Session|
- How to disable cookies in the main browsers
Cookies can be blocked or disabled with the configuration tools of your browser. The browser allows you to either refuse to install all cookies or only some of them.
Below we offer links to the tools of the major browsers where you can learn how to disable cookies.
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl = en&hlrm = en
Versions 7 and 8
Version 10 and later
- What happens if cookies are disabled
If you reject cookies you can still use our website, but it is possible that some services and/or links will stop working, cannot start or cannot maintain the interactive session with the services of the website. We will therefore not be able to obtain valuable information in order to offer you content tailored to your interests and allow you to more quickly and easily access information related to your interests.
- Changes in the Cookies Policy
The BSM BIKES websites may modify this cookies policy, either by incorporating new cookies due to the requirements of new content that may be offered, or on the basis of new legislative or regulatory demands that may make it necessary to change it. Users are therefore advised to consult it before browsing the website and every time they return to it.[/tp]